Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Im 24 and i want to start using makeup. Please help!?

if i would rate myself from 1 to 10, i'd probably be on 1 when it comes to makeup. i just thought of starting/learning how to use it. i go to the office everyday with just moisturizer and lip gloss. i wanted to start using light/natural makeup. Can anybody please help me? i have gone to sephora many times and i'm considering on getting the bare escentuals look. has anyone ever tried it? or is here any similar makeup that will give m ethat look? all natural, flawless look. thanks!Im 24 and i want to start using makeup. Please help!?
I actually went to Sephora and picked up the Bare Escentuals beginner's kit, because I'd read so many good things about it on yahoo answers. I have to say, it's been less than a week, and I've really fallen in love with it. That kit is a good place for you to start off, because it comes with all the brushes you need, plus an instructional DVD that really helps you get it right. I put the stuff on, and you can't even tell I've got make up on...it just evened up the skin tone, and my husband said it made my skin look ';healthy and glowing.';





As for some other tips to help you achieve a natural look, another product I give rave reviews to is Benetint by Benefit Cosmetics. It's a stain that you can use for either cheeks or lips. I use it for cheeks. Just three dots of the product from it's nail polish sized applicator brush on the apples of my cheeks and pat it with a make-up sponge to blend it, and you've got the rosiest glow!





I also like the lip rouges from Stila. They're lip stains, and they're so easy to apply. They look like a felt tip marker, and you just color your lips in! I like lip stains better than lipstick, because to me, they look more realistic than lipstick, they have more staying power, and you don't have a waxy or sticky feeling on your lips like you do with a gloss or lipstick.





You may also want to consider a mascara, to bring your eyes out. I use Dior Show. I use it in the brown color, because I think that on most people, brown looks most natural (unless your natural hair color is very dark brown or black). You'd use black if you wanted a smoky eye effect.





---%26gt;Good Luck and have fun experimenting!Im 24 and i want to start using makeup. Please help!?
I am not a makeup person at all, but I want to start using more too.





I am very dark, and luckily, I was able to find a product that worked for me. I have started slowly with makeup. Foundation and lip gloss are easy to do. I would suggest that you start slowly too.





Loreal has a product called ';bare minerals.'; I liked it. It seems like the foundation is barely there.
First, stick with natural products (like mineral-based make-up) and steer clear of make-up with a lot of chemicals and junk in it.





Also, since you are a newbie to make up you don't have to buy a lot and there are just three tips you'll need (and 3 products you'll need). These are great, easy inexpensive make-up tips--perfect for a new make up user!





Best of luck!
I absolutely LOVE my bare minerals. It is definitely worth the investment. I know it seems like alot of money for makeup, but it lasts forever. I have had mine for about six months and have only used maybe half of it, and I use it on a daily basis. Sephora.com also has lots of other brands of makeup. It's a great website.
BB, check your local library for 'how to' videos on make up application; as for the right product, I like aularale.com/7002. It's designed for people w/sensitive skin and matches the undertones in your skin so you get a perfect match and it doesn't streak, run, cake up or break down in the bottle or on your face. I suggest that you also use the skin care to ensure your skin stays clean and protected whether you wear make up or not.
Get Everyday Minerals. Its like the same thing but much cheaper. You can also get a free sample of their foundation, concealer, and blush for free, just pay shipping!


Go to this website http://www.everydayminerals.com/index.ph鈥?/a> and under makeup click custom kits and scroll down to the one for free.
unless you have discoloration or scarring on your face theres really no point to wear mineral makeup or any makeup for that matter. The only stuff I'd recommend is eye makeup. For that you should go to sephora or cuberry if you shop online
search for makeup videos on youtube ...those will be really helpful for you because I myself have learned so many things by watching out those videos.....by the way, I started to do makeup when I was 19






To start off with you should get to a department store and have your makeup professionally applied. Before you do this though, look at the people at the various cosmetics counters and avoid the ones with caked on, overly done makeup: if you don't want to look like them, don't go there. Once you find someone, ask lots of questions about how to apply it and watch how they do it. Don't buy anything if you're not happy. Take an honest friend and ask them if it suits you. Get them to look at your face in daylight too.





Also, avoid ''tide marks'': make sure you blend around your jawline, hairline, ears, etc, to avoid looking amateur. Make sure you use moisturiser before you start applying, give it about 5 minutes to work into the skin.





Thirdly, if you find a foundation that you love the colour of but it seems a bit thick, try adding a little bit of your regular moisturiser to the foundation on the sponge to thin it out a little. Blend it together and it can help.





Take a mirror outside and see how the colours look in natural light. Generally, bathroom lights (and those in department stores) give a yellowish tinge and make you look a bit jaundiced.





Practice makes perfect!!!!!!! Use your weekends to practice, apply, leave for a few hours to see how it wears, remove, reapply. Never try to do it for the first time before work/going out, because you won't feel comfortable in your own skin if you aren't happy with it.





Ask your friends how it looks. Make sure they give you an honest opinion.





Finally, I once read a comment from a supermodel, might have been Elle McP, who said: when you think you've blended enough, blend some more. Nothing worse than uneven makeup.
  • cool myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    hosting