Thursday, June 24, 2010

Makeup Help- Loose and Pressed Powder? What goes on first?

I want to use both loose and pressed powder in order to provide more coverage... which should i use first??Makeup Help- Loose and Pressed Powder? What goes on first?
Pressed then you want to use loose :DMakeup Help- Loose and Pressed Powder? What goes on first?
I would use pressed then powdered.


Tip: with powdered, use a brush (duh...) but, wet the brush before use, to make it go on more gently (u r using two!!) and to make it look more natural.


Tip: replace powder foundation after 3 months, it can grow bacteria!!


Tip: Wash, or get a new brush or applier for the foundations monthly, so it will not get bacteria and so it will not get cakey.





Have fun, and stay beautiful!! Mineral makeup is great!- good choice!
pressed of course
The pressed powder first. They aren't usually used together but if that is what you want, you need to definitely use the pressed first, then follow with the loose.
pressed
liquid ---%26gt; pressed ---%26gt; loose
i use my loose bare minerals first.





I really only use my pressed for touch ups. it is easier at the office or in the car than loose.
If you use mineral makeup, and you want more coverage, you just apply more of the loose stuff. I use mineral makeup, and the kind I use doesn't have a pressed powder available. There is a finishing powder which is used to set your other powder, but no pressed powder.





In general, with regular makeup, the way you use the two is that you use loose powder to set your makeup after applying it, and then use pressed powder for touch-ups during the day. Sometimes if I am really lazy, I just use a bit of pressed, since I still have a regular (non-mineral) compact which I carry in my purse. My skin tone is quite even, and I don't have any problems with my skin, so I only require light coverage, so as I said, sometimes when I am lazy I just use a bit of pressed and some eyeliner and mascara and lip gloss. You can only pull that off, however, if you don't really need much makeup. I am old enough that most of the skin problems I had when younger have just gone away.





When I actually do apply makeup for something, I go with my mineral makeup, and as I stated, the way you get increased coverage with that is that you simply apply a bit more. If you haven't used mineral makeup before, I recommend you go to a day spa which sells it, and have someone show you how to use it. Most places will do that either for free or for a tiny charge, and you don't have to buy the product from them if you don't want to. It's a great idea, however, because along with showing you how to apply it, they will help color match you so you get the right color for your skin.





Mineral makeup is great stuff, but there is one thing about which I would like to caution you. Regardless of what brand of makeup you buy, you need to invest in really, really good brushes. The brushes (and some practice) are the key to having mineral makeup look good on your face. So go ahead and spend a little bit more for good brushes, and then take good care of them. They will last you forever, and you'll be glad you invested in them.





Best of luck!
pressed but not too much..


then lightly use the loose..


try not to use too much so it doesnt look cakey and dont forget to blend in the jaw line.
Pressed first, loose last
i dont recommend both becaues it will be cakey but if you have to the pressed would be first and than you would brush on the loose powder
pressed then loose

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting