Saturday, December 5, 2009

How to help makeup stay on longer?..?

Is there any product i can put on before applying my makeup to make it stay on longer?





Thanks


xxHow to help makeup stay on longer?..?
Whatever you do, DON'T spray hairspray on your face. I can't think of anything worse for your skin!!!! There is a much better way! Usually makeup doesn't stay on very long because your body just absorbs it, usually water based. So you should use a primer. A primer is what creates a barrier between your face and your makeup. A silica based primer is going to sit on your skin and fill in any fine lines or big pores or dry patches, even out skin tone, help your makeup stay on longer and absorb oil. It gives you a smooth pallet for foundation application. They allow foundation to ';stay put'; in hot weather. It helps prevent skin from absorbing talc and pigment from your foundation as well as preventing talc from drawing oil from the skin. Most contain botanicals such as lavender, orange, jasmine, rose, geranium, grape, kiwi and aloe extracts to soothe and refresh the skin.





So, cleanse, moisturize, prime, concealer, then foundation. I recommend using a foundation brush to give you a really even, smooth look.





Here are some links so you can see what I'm talking about...





NArs Primer...


http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?…





Tarte's Clean Slate primer...


http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?…





Make Up For Ever HD Primer...


http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh…





If you're looking for an eye primer my favorite is Too-Faced Shadow Insurance...


http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;…How to help makeup stay on longer?..?
Well First Eyes:


For eye shadow, try putting on shimmer, light Shimmer that's not that noticeable, over your eye lid, next put on the eye shadow of your taste, next apply eye liner, or liquid eye liner, or fake lashes. The shimmer actually helps it stay on for hours.


Now for face:


apply foundation of your color, and rub all around your face and blend with neck, then you can add blush and the blush stays on for hours.


Finally lips,


Apply lip stick and then lip gloss over lipstick.The lip gloss helps the lip stick and stays on long.


Hope I helped!


=%26gt;_%26lt;=
LIPS: To make your lipstick stay on longer I recommend trying Maybelline SuperStay Lip Color. It stays on for such a long time!!





EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion is great to apply as a base before putting on your eyeshadow.





FOUNDATION: If you want foundation to stay on for longer, you should buy Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, or MAC makeup rather than drugstore low-quality brands that tend to come off just after an hour! It is a bit more expensive but I made a switch and it made an enormous amount of change in terms of how long it stayed on.





Hope this helps. :)
There is a product by Benefit that I have always wanted to try. It is called She Laq. If you want eye makeup to stay on, you can put powder on your eyelids. It is hard to get makeup to stay on especially if you have oily skin. You can use oil blotting papers instead of powder through out the day. Too much powder will look cakey.
Yup, I'm in 7th grade. Only 12, and yea I wear like eyeliner and mascara and all those things every girl my age does. Uhm, I actually put baby powder on my eyelids and my eyelashes to keep the eyeliner and mascara from like smudging during the day. It actually works. Sorry if this didnt help.
i would suggest either primer or moisturizer. Either one works great. They really help your makeup stay in place all day. I never have to reapply. When i didn't wear either i'd reapply my makeup 2 or 3 times a day. It really makes a difference.
Before i go out on a night out, i spray hairspray on my face, it helps keep my make-up on all night, hold the can far away from your face though, and dont spray to much.





[thats after all my make-up is on though]





hope that helps.
To help makeup stay on longer, you should use water base, it gives you the perfect smooth and helps makeup stay long on your skin, giving it the perfect support and texture.
I'd say use water proof. Your make up rubs off when you touch your face. We do it more then we think. Water-proof is a bit harder to rub off.


OR go to Cosmopolitan.com They have Q%26amp;A on stuff like this and I've seen this same question!
moisterizer, primer, concealer....





oh and i would suggest using mineral makeup instead of cream and powder.... because in my experience... it looks better and last longer...
If you put on a moisturizer on 20 minutes before your makeup it will help it stay on. Also if you just a concealer all over your face not only on the problem areas that will help it stay on as well.
primer.


after that add your foundation then set it with powder.


there is also eye primer too.
if you lightly spray some really light weight hairspray over your face once you do your makeup it stays on.
foundation
I used Urban Decay Primer Potion for my eyeshadow and Mac Prep and Prime for My Face
yes, use face serum as a base before you put your makeup on.
You should use Urban Decay Primer Potion or a paint pot from MAC for your eyes.
i use petrolum jelly over my gloss. stays on all day.
dont cry so much :) suck it up ya big baby, hehe
u can put setting powder on top of the make-up, I don't know about under

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting